Internship visa for Canada

Are you between 18-30 years old and would you like to do an internship in Canada?

Then you might qualify for a visa in an exchange program for young people between the Netherlands and Canada. This program issues a limited number of work permits each year. Some of these work permits are "open", meaning that you can work for multiple employers. Other work permits are bound to a single employer and require a job offer from an employer in Canda. You may only apply for both of these work permits in your life. These work permits allow you work/follow an internship (in Canada an internship is considered working, even when it is for a short period and/or unpaid) and travel. 



You may qualify for a work permit of one year maximum, in case you meet the following demands:

  • You have the Dutch nationality and live in the Netherlands
  • You are between 18 and 30 years old
  • You have not participated in the program in the past
  • You have no criminal record
  • You are in good health

There is a miximum amount of participants for this program. It is important to apply for a visa in time: since the amount of visas handed out through this program is restricted. If the program is full, then you will have to wait untill the following year to apply for the visa. It is recommended to plan and prepare your internship in advance.